About the job
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the local organization
We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer for our production site in Tiel (Netherlands), where Kerry makes powdered preservatives for the food industry. In this role, it is your main responsibility to take full ownership as a process licensor in the design and implementation of new powder production processes. You will be part of the Tiel engineering team, working together with our capex project managers on design and execution of a portfolio of investment projects that support Kerry’s aggressive capacity growth plan, including product innovation projects and technological upgrades. The projects are typically brownfield in nature and focus on upgrading legacy production processes to tomorrow’s state-of-the-art and delivering Kerry’s 2030 sustainability ambition. Key levers are the shift from petro chemically based raw materials towards renewable feedstock, from legacy processes to energy efficient technologies and from traditional food ingredients to providing the basis for the future’s sustainable diet.
- Provide subject matter expertise on one or more of our key process technologies such as wet processing, spray drying, solids handling and dry blending, curate best practices and build future-focused capabilities.
- Develop process engineering design packages, including material and energy balances, detailed equipment designs and supporting documentation for new and existing processes.
- Manage your own projects from feasibility throughout the various design stages to commissioning, including engineering contractor management, specification development and progress reporting and performance qualification.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies as related to the engineering department, including Process Safety Management requirements, such as Management of Change and Hazards and Operability assessments.
- Cooperate with other local and global disciplines in order to deliver on our commitments to our customers and continuously improve our value proposition by improving process safety, production processes (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, costs, energy) and product quality and liaise between RD&A and Manufacturing.
- Develop knowledge-intensive technologies and solutions for issues.
- Contribute to the development of the engineering discipline by coaching others and by establishing and rolling out new engineering standards.
Qualifications And Skills
- An academic degree, preferably in the field of Chemical Engineering or equivalent, such as Bio Process Engineering or Food Process Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of chemicals/food ingredients manufacturing.
- Relevant work experience in the field of liquid processing and spray drying or solids handling is necessary and you are at ease with bringing the fundamentals of physical chemistry of salt production into practice.
- A proven record of accomplishments in the areas of process design, root cause analysis, continuous improvement, process safety management and project management, which demonstrates your ability to deliver high quality Front End Loading studies and successful process Commissioning and Start Ups.
- You combine an entrepreneurial mindset with a hands-on mentality that helps you to get a thorough understanding of the challenges in the field and that helps you getting things done.
- Good communication skills to create support for your improvement ideas among stakeholders in the plant and at management level.
- You are stress resistant and you feel at home in a 24/7 organization in a dynamic environment.
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbally
Key personal competences
- Result-oriented: Directing oneself and/or others towards goals, whether or not explicitly formulated, whilst keeping a perspective on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Problem-solving ability: Recognize important information, make connections between data, devise alternative solutions and indicate the (possible) consequences of certain choices or actions.
- Expertise/knowledge: Adding meaning to information in a particular work situation. Developing and deepening knowledge in a specific area of interest/field and translating the consequences thereof for one’s own organization.
- Innovative: Presenting original solutions to work-related problems. Devising a new working method or approach to replace an existing working method or approach. Questioning the status quo and to break through patterns.
- Planning and Organizing: Effectively determine goals and priorities and indicate how much time and what actions and resources are needed to achieve certain goals.
- A leading role with a wide range of duties in a professional, yet informal team.
- Salary € 5.000 – 6.000 gross monthly salary, depending on education and experience.
- Excellent fringe benefits, including a 13th month salary and commuting allowance.
- 25 vacation days and the option of buying/selling these.
- Group discount on individual insurance.
If you would like more information about this job, please get in touch with Kristian Zuur (hiring manager), telephone number +31 (0)6 46044348. To apply, please send us your application in English (motivation letter and resume) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org per the attention of Kirsten Traas (Human Resources).
What will happen next?
- We will send you a confirmation of receipt by e-mail and we will inform you within two weeks whether you are invited for a 1st interview.
- 1st interview/introduction; we will inform you within a week whether you are invited for a 2nd interview.
- 2nd interview/we will go over the job in more detail and you will get a plant tour. We will inform you within a week whether you are invited for a 3rd interview.
- 3rd interview/telephone interview with a member of senior management. Within a week after the 3rd interview we will let you know if we will offer you a contract.
A certificate of good conduct (VOG) is required and is to be handed over at the end of the probationary period.