Provian® Meat Preservation
Due to continuous scientific progress and progressive awareness concerning meat preservation, the market for meat preservatives has moved. It moved away from high dosage liquid solutions, mainly based on sodium lactate, towards solid low-inclusion antimicrobials based on (di)acetates. The Niacet Provian® range is on the forefront of these developments.
Food Safety and Shelf-life Extension with Provian:
Highly efficient at dosages as low as 0,5% (see graphs), Confirmed by independent studies Dry, free-flowing powders (click here for references)
Low-sodium and No-sodium products, significantly decreasing the sodium content of meat-products (see table)
No negative effects on sensory parameters (see graph). No significant difference in liking scores between control and a product with Provian K or a competitor product, so no off-flavors due to potassium.
For more information send an email to: email@example.com
Listeria Control with Provian K:
Sodium Reduction resulting in cost reduction, without affecting the taste:
Provian K, a Sodium free powder for Food Safety and Shelf-life Extension:
The trend for sodium reduction is clear. Food companies want to comply with the WHO advice to reduce sodium content, but often struggle with increased costs or flavor impact. Our white paper explains how the safety and shelf life of your meat product can be increased without any addition of sodium and at lower costs than your current way of preservation.
Listeria Control and Shelf-life Extension with Provian is predicted by FSSP:
Sodium Reduction with minimal impact on your Water Activity:
Our Portfolio of Meat Preservation products:
- Provian A: acetate/lactate based preservative
- Provian D: (di)acetate/lactate based preservative
- Provian K: Potassium Acetate/Diacetate based preservative
- Please have a look at our preservation solutions for other food-products
References - scientific publications for Provian efficacy:
Research papers and predictive models have confirmed the excellent effect of acetates on microbial growth.
- RMC 2016 (poster Inhibitory Effect of a Sodium Free Preservative on the Growth of Listeria monocytogenes and Lactic Acid Bacteria in Poultry Applications, K. Glass et al. )
- IAFP conference 2015 (poster Inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes in Cured Deli-style Turkey Formulated with Commercial Blends of Propionate, Diacetate, Lactate, and Acetate-Based Antimicrobials)
- Wisconsin University 2011, 2014, 2016 (poster Inhibitory Effect of a Sodium Free Preservative on the Growth of Listeria monocytogenes and Lactic Acid Bacteria in Poultry Applications. M. Golden et al.)
- Michigan State University 2013 (study Inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes in Full- and Low-Sodium Frankfurters at 4, 7, or 10°C Using Spray-Dried Mixtures of Organic Acid Salts, J Food Prot.)
- RMC 2011 (presentation Inhibitory Effect of Provian® (A Co-Spray Dried Mixture of Sodium Lactate and Sodium Acetate) on the Growth of Listeria Monocytogenes in Low-sodium Frankfurters Stored at 4, 7, or 10°C. I. Kang et al.)
- International Congress of Meat Science and Technology 2011 (presentation Inhibitory Effect of Provian®)
Our partners in science: